When water first began to be piped through the city in 1932, a western-style building
was constructed in a corner of the Takaku reservoir to house the Water Bureau. The
building was closed in 1966, but after undergoing repairwork was reopened in March, 1987.
Currently it is being used as a conference hall, exhibition space and city guest
house. As there is a hot water tank on the veranda, the building also serves as the
Suidoyama Park rest house.